Thursday, April 5, 2012

To Love the Guitar

OK, the first thing you need to know: I do not talk about the technical aspects of how a guitar is built.
I talk about the sound, the way it makes me feel and how it has a magic that is totally, uniquely its own.
To Love the Guitar is simply to learn to listen to it.
In the hands of a master it is orgasmic
In the hands of a beginner, it is frightening with potential

The power of the universe is vibrated through the strings


The men and women that play well are my heroes.
There is nothing sexier than a man with a guitar. 
It is a relationship that we mere mortals are permitted to be a part of in an aural voyeuristic moment.

I fall a little bit in love with each of them as they manage to bring to life something made of wood and metal. 
On many occasions, the sound makes me weep. 

David Gilmour comes quickly to mind as I type that.

I will talk about musicians, they way they play and move me.
Whether I see them live, or listen to their music from vinyl or digital (preferably vinyl) I will be sharing with you my thoughts as my eyes close and my heart soars along the frets with their fingers.

I love it all: Electric, acoustic, Slide, Dobro, 6 string, 12 string and beyond
If it moves me, I will write about it.



I hope you find something here that makes your heart beat faster, your breath come a little more quickly, and make you feel just a little more alive than before your visit.

Welcome




No comments:

Post a Comment