Thursday, April 19, 2012

Levon Helm: this one's for You

Yes, I am fully aware Levon was a drummer

But because he was exceptional in his contribution, this is my way of paying him homage.






The curtain now had fallen
The spotlight had gone dim
I saw an orb come floating down
I wondered if it’s him.
It hovered over a microphone
Where a drum kit once had rest
I closed my eyes ,I heard that voice
he quietly whispered “Test”
Then he launched into Ophelia
The Weight, the songs swirled round
the Circle that had broken
Its’ pieces on the ground.
Then silence filled the venue.
The orb rose slowly up.
It dipped as though it bowed its head
Then I heard the room erupt
cheering, whistles, laughter
the welcome had begun
For Levon Helm was in the realm
His time on earth was done
MLS 4/19/12

No comments:

Post a Comment